Thursday, March 22, 2012

Photo A Day - Suzdal

One year ago, my friend Becky and I spent our first day in Russia. The day before "gotcha day"! I was really hoping to be able to visit E. that day and spend some time with her - hoping to ease the pain of the next day, but that wasn't to be.
We did get to spend a few hours in nearby Suzdal. Despite the snow and bitter temperatures, it is a lovely place full of beautiful churches and amazing history. Suzdal was once the capitol of Russian religious activity, long ago, when Vladimir was the capitol of Russia. My coordinator was a wonderful guide and we loved her stories and even her constant insistence on posing us to take pictures. :) We really had a lovely day. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to see some more of E's heritage and I look forward to the day when we can return together to explore further...hopefully in the Summer!










No comments:

Post a Comment