Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Photo A Day - The Cow

One year ago, when we arrived at the Courtyard in Moscow, we met a very nice bellman who helped us with our luggage. He spoke with E. in Russian and presented her with a gift...

I don't know if you can see just how disgusting this stuffed cow is? It looked like it had been rolled over by multiple trucks on the street. Ewwwwww.....
So E. played with it for awhile and when she went to bed that night I promptly stuffed it under the bed...easily left behind (ummmmmm...forgotten) the next morning.
We asked to be moved to a different room as the one we were in had no external window...stuffy...hot!
We got all settled in our new and much improved room with large windows to let in the cold crisp air. There was a knock at the door and a maid, who spoke no English, presented us with a discarded (ummmmm...lost) item....




Drat! Followed...E. played with the disgusting (ummmm....lovely) gift for awhile and once again, that night, I stuffed it under the bed. I figured it would never work to put it in the trash - they would pull it out. So under the bed it went. The next afternoon we returned to a freshly clean room and....




The COW~ sitting sweetly on E's bed. After having a really hearty laugh about it, we decided it could not be left behind. So I begrudgingly packed the filthy thing along with the dirty laundry and brought it home. I have to say it cleaned up really well - it's actually black and WHITE, once you remove the dirt! And E. does really like the thing

1 comment:

  1. An email from my friend Lindamu...
    Kimmie, I am enjoying your 1 year review of your journey. I love the stuffed cow story! I got a good laugh. Let's face it, it was meant to be that you took home 2 gifts from Russia! They both needed love.

    ReplyDelete