Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl

I cannot believe my sweetie is 4 years old. Her birthday finds me thinking of her first mom, in Russia, Vera. Wondering what she might be thinking...in my mind, it must be so tough. And so I want to say to Vera, we think of you, we pray for you, we talk about you and wonder about your life. I let E. know regularly that someday I hope we can find you. I hope that E. will have the chance to see you again, the chance to ask you so many questions that I am sure she might have....like, why? Did you love me? Do you miss me? why didn't you take care of me? I pray she will have the opportunity...I pray that it will lead to reconciliation and restoration...that she will one day have the opportunity to have two moms who love her in her life. E. is such a beautiful girl - inside and out. We had such a fun day. And to top it off Becky and Kelly came over for dinner and some birthday cupcakes. What a difference a year makes....here is my sweetie just a couple of weeks after arriving home on her thrid birthday...
And here she is this year...
What a day! Presents, cupcakes and a spa pedicure courtesy of Aunt Becky...what more could a girl ask for?

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th Birthday E!!
    It is so amazing what a difference a year makes in our kids lives.--and in ours!
    Before Emma, did you really realize how wonderful it could be? I had no idea--how difficult the challenges could be or how absolutely wonderful it would be.
    I love the picture of you two together--a family forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled all the way through this post!

    ReplyDelete