Sunday, August 29, 2010

Better than Expected

The end of last week turned out on a much higher note! On Thursday I hurried around re-doing the failed notary's paperwork. I also spoke with my homestudy agency and they will have all of my documents and homestudy ready for me to pick up on Monday rather than their first guess of next Friday! Woo hoo! I am so grateful! On Friday I made the trek downtown to the SOS office to turn on all 14 of those re-notarized documents and this time, success! They were all accepted and I will be able to pick them up on Monday, Apostilled and ready to be sent on to my adoption agency. In fact, I believe I will be ready to send my entire "mini-dossier" (ha! I really think that is an oxymoron!) plus a few other documents I have been able to collect for my full dossier on to my agency on Wednesday! WOW! That is exciting.
Once they have reviewed the documents they will be scanned and sent to Russia via email and hand carried by another gracious adopting family to Russia and into the coordinator's hands. Let the waiting begin (again!). I will await an official referral and an invitation to travel for a visit trip.

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly--sounds like you are off to a great start. Once my homestudy was done the mini dossier was not too bad but you are still doing record time. for the big dossier I had to really push a lot of people and you feel the need for speed at that time because you already have made your first visit and all you want to do is get back to pick up your baby.
    I really think is the one for you.
    eamail and let me know what agency you are working with and any other details you want to share.
    congrats.

    ReplyDelete