Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Latest....

Sadly, I have no new news to share on the domestic adoption front. I received this update from my adoption agency.

She writes, "I'm just touching base to let you know that in recent weeks we haven't found any little girls who meet your requirements regarding age, ethnicity, and needs. This time of year is typically slow in terms of adoptive placements, because of the emotions surrounding the holidays and the additional stress for children if they have to move during this time. So I don't expect anything much to happen until after the first of the year.

We know the wait is hard. Please know that we're always looking, telling caseworkers about you, and following every lead."

Certainly not the news I would like to hear, but I appreciate the update nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment