Thursday, July 16, 2009

Adoptive Parent Infant/Child Safety & CPR - Check

Last night I attended a three hour course, specifically for adoptive parents, about child safety and CPR. It was a great class offered at Parker Adventist Hospital. It was so nice to take the class with other PAP's (prospective adoptive parents). The woman who taught the class is an adoptive mom (AP) of three kiddos. It was so nice to have someone who really understands what it's like to adopt. One of the couples in the class is adopting through the waiting child program with my same agency - Adoption Alliance - what a small world.
I learned a bunch - including what to do if a child is choking - which is one of my biggest fears. While I would still be afraid if it happened in my presence, I would now know what to do and that does give me some peace.
One more "to do" item crossed off my list! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment